SAFETY & SECURITY AT HBC
- The Security team provides security monitoring, on a rotational basis, for all events and services. Shooting Practice is provided. While a primary concern is focused on Peace Disturbances/Intruders, Monitors are also to be alert to react to medical emergencies, fire, tornadoes, and bombthreats. The Security Team follows a formal set of Procedural Policies and Operational Guidelines entitled “Security at Hillcrest Baptist Church” for all of the above threats.
- Everyone who works with children is required to have a background check and take the online Child Protective Training course. Please contact the church office to sign up.
- Church Safety and Security information from the Southern Baptist Convention.
Currently, 25 HBC members provide Security Monitoring, on a rotational basis, for the following services/functions:
- Sundays – all morning and evening services
- Wednesdays – all evening services and events
- Saturdays – winter period Upward Basketball
- Special Events – as scheduled
While a primary concern is focused on Peace Disturbances/Intruders, Monitors are also to be alert to react to medical emergencies, fire, tornadoes, and bomb threats. The Security Team follows a formal set of Procedural Policies and Operational Guidelines for all of the above threats.
Child Protective Training is mandatory for EVERYONE involved with children. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Treasure Seekers
- Youth Camps/trips
- Life Groups (Sunday school)
- Vacation Bible School
- Van Drivers & Assistants
Drivers of our vans must take an in-house driving course. Another adult must accompany the driver during runs.
For questions/concerns contact the church office at 417.532.6159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org/hillcrest-lebanon